WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Feminine Birthday card - Seize the Birthday #5 and Shopping Our Stash 89


I tried several new challenges this week.  I'm preparing for next month's BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA in my Stamp Clubs, so thought these two challenges were perfect.  As I was planning the card for Seize the Birthday (Feminine Birthday), I was digging into papers that were truly stashed away, and used a die that I've had for at least two years and used it to make only one card!  I had just starting watching the Shopping Our Stash challenge blog, so thought I'd check back with them, and found that their theme this week was They Say It's Your Birthday!
Check out each of these blogs to see the great creations others have made (just click on the title and you'll be whisked off!)-
Seize the Birthday
Shopping Our Stash
The die is the Spellbinders Lotus Pendant, and both images are from Stampin' Up - the outside image from Happiest Birthday Wishes and the inside image from Vintage Verses.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

The background paper was given to me as a gift pack by a student several years ago, and there is no identifying information for it.  The cardstocks for the card base and embossed strips have been around so long I have no idea where they came from!  Products from CTMH finish it off - Outdoor Denim ink and cardstock, Buttercup cardstock, and Bitty Sparkles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful choice of colors and texture. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday.