WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Monday, August 25, 2014

INSPIRED BY . . . FOOD! at Heart 2 Heart and Freshly Made Sketches 150

 
This is my last week as a guest on the design team over at the Heart2Heart Challenge blog.  All month long, we've been working on the "Inspired by ..." theme.  This week, it's food.  And I do believe that candy is one of the major food groups - wouldn't you agree?!
 The images are from the new CTMH Hostess Reward stamp set "Sweet as Sugar" (D1615).

I used the sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #150 for the design.  Sketches from these challenge blogs really help me when I'm in the design process.  Sometimes you just get a block and looking at what others have done with a sketch or theme can give your brain the boost it needs!



I like to add a little something to the inside of my cards, so why not more candy!  There are actually four different candy jars in this stamp set, with five different "fillers" for the jars.  I always need chocolate, so that's the main direction I went with mine.

Here's a list of what I used to complete this card (all products are from
Close to My Heart):
Stamps:
Sweet as Sugar (D1615)
Papers:
Brushed background paper (X7190B)
Lagoon, Glacier and White Daisy cardstock
Inks:
Lagoon, Glacier, Pear, Canary, Cotton Candy, Cranberry, Chocolate and Cocoa

Hop on over to both of these challenge blogs to see the marvelous creations other paper crafters have submitted.
Heart 2 Heart - Inspired by ... Food
Freshly Made Sketches #150

Thanks for stopping by - and have a great week!

6 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Yummy card! I like how you replaced the flowers from the sketch with the CTMH candy jars. They look great against the Brushed paper also.
:) Marie

ScrappyHorses said...

Yep, agreed! Candy is a food group along with ice cream! Very sweet card ~ pun intended. Love the papers and your candies look great!

Linda Callahan said...

A sweet treat for sure! Love the candy jars! So glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Mitchell said...

Sweet! I love the yummy candy in those jars! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lauren said...

This is an absolutely delicious looking card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! I just adore those cute little lollie jars! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!