WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

CHALKBOARD CHRISTMAS CARD


I've been wanting to do another chalkboard technique card.  I bought this set of Christmas stamps from Taylored Expressions a while back thinking they would be perfect - and they didn't disappoint!  The challenge over at Just Us Girls this week happened to be using the chalkboard technique, so that was great.
I thought I had a frame stamp that would work, but the images in the set were too big - so this sketch from Mojo Monday came up at just the right time!   I'm also entering this card in the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Challenge #36 - Anything Goes.

The background paper I had already had that chalkboard feel to it.  After I embossed the red paper, I decided to sponge a bit of the white pigment ink on the raised holly image to continue the chalkboard feel onto that piece as well, as you can see below.
I love the fact that good colored pencils will allow you to color on black cardstock, allowing you to add fun elements to the chalkboard stamped image.

After adding the ribbon, I cut out the holly leaves, adding an extra layer in the center and finishing it off with fun gemstones. 

I always like to add something to the inside of the card - so I stamped the same holly leaves inside.
Here's a list of the materials I used on this card:
Stamps
Big Bold Christmas (set of 7) - Taylored Expressions
Holly leaves - Stampabilities
Papers
Snowhaven Background Paper - CTMH
Black, Topiary, Cranberry and White Daisy Cardstock - CTMH
Inks
White Daisy Pigment Ink - CTMH
Black - CTMH
Other
Recollections Detail White embossing powder
Holly embossing folder - Sizzix
Darice premium acrylic rhinestones
Red striped grosgrain ribbon from my stash
Primacolor colored pencils
Sponge dauber - CTMH

Be sure to pop over to these challenge blogs to see other great projects with the sketch and technique:
Just Us Girls #266 - Trend Week
Mojo Monday 371 - Sketch
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Challenge #36 Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!

2 comments:

Ina G said...

Lovely effect you got with your chalkboard card. Great backgrounds too - so Christmasy. Thanks for joining us this week at Just us Girls.

Nancy said...

Love all the layers and the backgrounds too! Glad we gave you the motivation to try your hand at the Chalkboard Technique again...you did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Just Us Girls.