WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Make a Wish - The Paper Players Sketch Challenge #229

"Birthday Extravaganza" for Stamp Club is just around the corner, so I've been making LOTS of birthday cards.  Each one needs to be unique, but simple enough that we can make six cards in one setting.  I love the Clean and Simple sketches that are available on many of the challenge blogs, and this week's sketch at Paper Players was perfect. 

We played with the Doodles Designs (CTMH A1170) circle stamp last month, and everyone loved it.  Making a card is so easy with this little image.  The Wish stamp (CTMH M1051) fits inside perfectly. 

The candle stamp (from Ditto by Hampton Art) had been feeling neglected in my cabinet, but now the image lights up the card!  I even added some yellow Stickles to the flame.

I had just been to Phoenix to the paper store a few days ago and found this irridescent cardstock that coordinates with the Confetti Wishes paper (CTMH X7189B). 

The candle repeats on the inside, with the 2-part sentiment from the Belated Birthday set (CTMH B1442).  I love to mix colors on greetings, and having the middle phrase as a separate stamp makes it easy.
Because the image on front is off to the left, I decided to put the greeting inside off to the right!

Other items I used:
Inks - Pacifica, Thistle, Canary (CTMH)
mounting foam

Hop over to The Paper Players blog to see other cards created with this sketch.

Email me at scrappingailaz@gmail.com if you want to join me for Birthday Extravaganza!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Claire Broadwater said...

Gail, what a bright and cheery birthday card! I love your mix of patterned papers and that glittery candle is the best! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX