WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

PAPER PLAYERS #226 - EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN!

 
The challenge over at The Paper Players this week is to take something old and repurpose it into a new project.  This little mini album made from coffee sleeves - yes, those little kraft rings that keep your hands from getting burned from your hot coffee cup - is perfect!  One of the gals in my classes had shown me one she made, and another friend started saving the used coffee sleeves from the hospital where she works.  Now, we have enough so that everyone in my January classes will be able to make one of these cute projects!


Any size coffee sleeve will work - you just want to make sure that all of them in the album are the same size.  I chose to use 4 sleeves for this mini album - covering both sides of each sleeve with either patterned paper or cardstock.

You can glue the bottom of the sleeve to create a pocket - and I've inserted some of CTMH's Heartstring Picture My Life cards.

You can also cut the outside edge of the coffee sleeve to create more pages when the sleeve opens.
You can easily turn these coffee sleeves into cards.  Just glue the bottom shut to make a pocket and you are set to decorate the outside and insert your greeting to a card on the inside.  I've used 3X4 cards inside, and it will fit in a standard A2 envelope.
Here's a list of the materials I used for these projects - all are Close to My Heart unless indicated:
PAPERS
Heartstrings Background Paper (X7193B)
Lagoon, Cranberry and White Daisy cardstock
INKS
Lagoon, Cranberry and Black
STAMPS
Heartstrings Workshop on the Go Cardmaking Kit stamp set (G1090)
Doodled Designs (A1170)
Sweeter with You (M1053)
A Thing Well Done (Hostess Reward C1606)
Joyful Birthday (B1419) 
OTHER
Heart embossing folder (Z3018)
Picture My Life Heartstrings Scrapbooking Program
Recycled coffee sleeves
1" binder rings from the office supply store

Pop over to The Paper Players Challenge Blog to see other repurposed items in this week's projects.
Thanks for stopping by - and Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

What a fun idea, Gail! I've never seen coffee sleeves used in this way and it's brilliant. I love the little pockets and the texture from the sleeves adds a great homespun feel. Thanks for sharing this adorable project with us at The Paper Players!

Jan Clothier said...

What a clever idea!

Karren said...

Oh this is so clever! I love how you've re-purposed these coffee sleeves and your stamping and embellishing is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

Jenny Engelke said...

Very smart! What a great idea!