WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Put A Bow on a Spring Card

Spring is just around the corner, and flowers are ready to pop out of the ground, if they haven't already.  At least, here in Arizona they are!!  Not so sure about the rest of the country.

This is a card I designed for my March Stamp Club classes.  You can see a variation of it below.  The background on this card is done with sponge daubers and three ink colors.  In the one below, I did a gradation of color, and tried to keep the ink application soft so you don't see the dauber impressions.  In the one above, I used the yellow over the entire card, then added the green over it all, using a little less near the top of the card.


The three inks I used were Canary Yellow, Sweet Leaf and   Pear (both greens).  The Sweet Leaf was used as a transition between the yellow and darker green on the card on the left.  When the dauber is pressed onto the paper it leaves the circle image, then you can keep pressing the same dauber and get lighter inkings with each application.  If the dauber is rubbed over the paper, you don't get the dauber impression.  I was going for a look something like the Bokeh technique, but without using the white pigment ink.  It works well to create a unique background for your stamped image.


Speaking of that image, the daffodils are from the CTMH stamp set "A Little Note" #A1171.  I stamped it again on the inside of the card in the canary yellow ink, just to add something fun when you open the card.

The canary yellow corner mat is from the Whimsy Assortment of Paper Fundamentals (Z2033), using the glossy pattern side.  The bow, which is why I'm entering this in the Crazy 4 Challenge this week, is done with the Topiary Mini Chevron Ribbon (Z1929).

Check out the other cards with bows added over at the Crazy 4 Challenge Blog.

Thanks for taking a look.

No comments: