WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

BETWEEN THE FOLDS CHALLENGE #5 - Add "SHINE"

There's a new challenge blog that focuses on CTMH products.  Since there are so many new products that are available starting today, I thought I'd showcase several of them and enter into this week's challenge.  While the challenge says to add bling, sparkle, or shine, I've just added some shine.  And it comes in the form of the new FOIL TAPE!  I love this stuff.  It is so easy to apply - and it lifts up easily if you don't get it placed exactly where you want it to be, and you know how often that happens :).  I've used the silver, but it also comes in gold.


Once I had the silver foil tape down, I wanted to use more shiny silver, but didn't have any foil paper.  BUT, I did have foil!  So I cut my cardstock to the size I wanted to mat my large flower, then wrapped the foil around it, taping it on the back side.  The foil wrap gave some extra dimension to this piece, so I just taped it onto the card base, then popped up my double-mounted smaller floral image.  By the way, the images are from the September Stamp of the Month - Paper Garden - yours for only $5 with a qualifying purchase. 


Here's a list of what I used on the card (everything - except the kitchen foil - is from CTMH):
STAMPS:
S1509 - Paper Garden September Stamp of the Month - floral images
C1632 - Say It All - Hostess Rewards Stamp Set - sentiment
INKS & PAPERS:
Z2641 - Glacier blue ink
Z2640 - Thistle ink
X5769 - Thistle cardstock
X5770 - Glacier blue cardstock
1385 - White Daisy cardstock
OTHER: 
Z3130 - Silver Foil Tape
Z2060 - Thin 3-D Foam Tape
kitchen foil

Check out the Between the Folds Challenge Blog for other shiny, sparkly projects this week!  And if you are interested in any of these products, pop over to my CTMH website and see what we have to offer.

Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

Donna said...

Great card! Love how you used CTMH's New Foil Tape. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Weekly Challenge Blog - DT - Donna Digby - http://btfchallenges.blogspot.ca.

Deb Killian said...

This is so pretty. Love how you used regular foil as a mat to coordinate with the foil tape. I just got mine and can't wait to use it. DT-Deb http://btfchallenges.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Gail!! Thanks for playing with us! - DT Terrie