WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Gift Card Holder from a Paper Bag!


I love the nautical stamp set "My Anchor."  The fact that it has a coordinating set of thin dies makes it even better - no cutting required for this great look!  I used one of Close to My Heart's paper bags to create this little gift card holder - and with graduations and birthdays on the horizon, thought it could work for a variety of occasions.  The photo inspiration for the challenge over at the Just Us Girls blog this week was nautical, so decided to enter it into that challenge.

The tutorial for this gift bag holder came from Splitcoaststampers.com.  They used a plain kraft bag and had to add more detail to the band, but I used the patterned bag and was happy with the nautical scene created. 

You can see how the gift card has a band around it so you can easily pull it out, and the tag in the back gives you room to add your greeting.  When all of these are tucked into the holder, it actually fits into a standard A2 envelope!

This will be one of the projects we will make in my April Stamp Club classes.  Participants will be able to choose from four different colors of bags and four stamp sets/dies to create the gift card holder that fits their needs.

Here is the list of what I used to create the card -
all materials are from CTMH:
Stamps:
My Anchor (C1642)
Say it All (C1632) 
Papers:
White Daisy and Pacifica cardstock
Inks:
Ruby
Pacifica
Glacier
Canary
Other:
My Anchor Thin Cut Dies (Z3202)
Designer Creations Paper Bags - Ruby (Z2038)

Be sure to check out the other great nautical or cake creations over at Just Us Girls.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a fabulous nautical gift bag holder. Thanks for the tutorial too! Love the way you wrapped the band around the gift card holder so it's easy to grab plus give interest to the design when it's closed. Wonderful job with our challenge at Just Us Girls and so glad you joined us!

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a fun gift card holder! Love that pretty stamp set too. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Patti said...

Oh no surprise my friend Gail created yet another fabulous card!!