WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Wedding Card




I have been putting off making a wedding card until I found a sketch that I thought would work for what was inside my head.  Well – I found it!  The sketch at FabFriday was just what I was looking for.  In addition, one of the Heart2Heart Challenges this month is for a congratulations card, so that works.  And Stamp Ink Paper has a Card Makers Choice challenge going on with the stipulation of using your favorite stamp, colors and paper.  Well, white cardstock seems to be a staple, so guess you could say it is a favorite.  Gold and Silver are always fun to work with.  But the favorite stamp was easy.  It’s the striped border stamp!  I have used that stamp on so many projects – glad I could use it on this one as well.

I knew that I wanted to use the Cricut cuts of Mr. and Mrs. overlaid on the stamped ampersand.  I decided to emboss the ampersand with silver and cut the words from gold glitter paper.  I also embossed the card base to give it a little more definition.

 On the inside of the card, I stamped flowers in a light grey ink, then embossed the "Congratulations" in gold over the top.  Just wanted to keep the silver/gold theme going on the inside as well!
Here's a list of what I used on this52 card.  
All products are from Close to My Heart:
Stamps:
Mr. & Mrs. (C1621) - ampersand
The Happy Couple (retired) - inside sentiment
Celebrate Love (retired) - inside flowers
In the Background (retired) - my favorite diagonal stripes
Paper:
White Daisy Cardstock
Gold Glitter Paper (Z3076)
Inks:
Whisper Grey
Versamark
Other:
Gold embossing powder (Z2066)
Silver embossing powder (Z2067)
Floral embossing folder (Z1994)
Mounting foam
Cricut Artistry cartridge (Mr. and Mrs.) Z3190

Be sure to pop over to the other challenge blogs and see the projects showcased there:

8 comments:

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Gail, what a beautiful wedding card! I just love the gold and silver glitz against the white! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

Alyson Mayo said...

Beautiful work, Gail! It used to be against "the rules" to combine silver and gold but now it is all the rage and you did it so perfectly here. The embossed background adds the perfect touch to such a beautiful card. Thanks for creating such an inspiring piece for artwork to share with us at Heart 2 Heart :)

Heather said...

Oh, brilliant idea to make a wedding card - and so sparkly gorgeous! Those letters are just perfect. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

I love the gold and silver combo for this wedding card! Glitter and glimmer is perfect to celebrate! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

This is lovely! The sketch looks fantastic in gold and white! Clean, crisp, and cheery! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Brenda Myers said...

Very pretty card!! I love the gold & silver sparkles!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

Brandi said...

Wonderful job, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Ramesh Kumar said...

Very nice card!!
check mine too!!
best birthday wishes
Happy Friendship day Drawings sheet
happy labor day crafts for kids
funny labor day pictures