WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Christmas Presents!

The Christmas Thin Cut Die from CTMH is definitely a focal point on a project - it just fits across the width of a standard card!  The challenge this week at Just Us Girls is to make the sentiment the focal point, so I am entering.

In addition to the Christmas die, I used the Gift Thin Cut Die from CTMH - standing one present upright and rotating the second to give some variety.  The gifts themselves are cut from some metallic cardstock that was in my stash, while the bows are cut from CTMH glitter paper.  I love this paper - and the thin cut dies cut through it so easily!

The background paper is from the Oh, Deer! paper pack (also CTMH).  The "Merry" sentiment is stamped in Desert Sand ink, and is from the "Woodland Wishes" stamp set. 

The sentiment panel is popped up with mounting foam - and a LOT of mounting foam because of all the little ins and outs of the cut design.  But I liked the dimension it offered more than just putting it flat on the background.  I used Sea Glass cardstock (our new color of the year) behind the presents.

This card will be a part of my November Stamp Club classes.


Be sure to check out the Just Us Girls blog for other cards with the sentiment as the focal point.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Maria said...

SO fun and sparkly! Love that sentiment looks fantastic! Thanks for playing along this month with Just Us Girls!

Judy Woodland said...

This card is just outstanding. Not only have you used unusual colors for a Christmas card, but your design is just perfect. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!