WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Merry & Bright Christmas Card


I love the new Oh, Deer! papers from Close to My Heart - and the Woodland Wishes stamp set and glitter papers worked so well on this card.  The tall tree is embossed, using the Sea Glass Pigment Ink and clear embossing powder.  So I am entering this into this week's Technique Challenge over at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Blog.  The Woodland Wishes stamp set has a coordinating set of Thin Cut Dies, so cutting the deer and tree was quite easy!  The snowflakes are also cut from the new Snowflake Thin Cut Dies - and they cut through the glitter paper like butter.
You can see the embossing on the tree a little better in this close-up photo.  And you can see the difference between the Sea Glass pigment ink - used to emboss the tree - compared to the Sea Glass dye ink that is used on the image on the inside of the card.  Both of them are so pretty!

I added dimension to the deer and the sentiment block with mounting foam.  Rather than matting the sentiment piece, I used the gold metallic marker to doodle around the edges!  A little cleaner look.

Hop over the the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Blog to check out the other embossing techniques people used - either heat embossing or dry embossing.  They are beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you are interested in any of the products I used on the card, you can check out my Close to My Heart shopping site - scrappingail.closetomyheart.com/

3 comments:

Betty said...

You have done it again... love all the glitteryness!

Deborah Frings said...

This is gorgeous. I do like the colours and that lovely shimmer, shine on the die cut tree! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

Kajcyika said...

I love your color combo so much! Love love love your card! :)
Thanks for sharing it with us at 52CCT! :)