WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Saturday, January 7, 2017

HAPPY HEART WREATH

I am continuing with the Valentine greetings for friends theme with this card.  The design is based on the Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge blog.  The papers are from the new CTMH Seasonal Expressions catalog.  The wreath die was introduced in the fall CTMH catalog, and I loved it - but it took a LOT of fussy cutting to cut this image out.  I was so happy when CTMH brought out a thin cut die to coordinate with this stamp image a few months ago.  I actually used the circle diffuser that is suppose to be used with embossing folders so that I didn't cut out the center of the wreath.  That way, I was able to stamp my sentiment on the wreath image.  Great way to get a little more use out of that fun tool! 

I did have to do some fussy cutting on the flowers that adorn the side of the wreath, but it was well worth it to give it that little pop of color.  And to get that color, I actually used my inks and watercolored with them.  I just applied to color to an empty acrylic block and used a very fine watercolor brush to color in all those small spaces!  This is a good way to make sure your colors will coordinate.

So here's a list of what I used on these cards - all from CTMH unless indicated
Stamps: 
Wreath - A1193
Adore You - S1701 (January's Stamp of the Month) - the flowers
Happy Heart - A1192 - sentiment
Papers:
Sugar Rush Paper Pack - X7215B
Colonial White cardstock
Kraft cardstock
Pomegranate cardstock
Inks:
Pomegranate
Blossom
Canary
Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: 
Wood Slats Embossing Folder (Z3248)
Thin 3-D Foam Tape - Z2060
Pink Enamel Gems - Z3091
Wreath Thin Cut Die - CC1157 (available while supplies last)
Circle Diffuser - Z3096

Be sure to pop over to the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge Blog to see the other cards created with this sketch.

Thanks for stopping by here today - and enjoy the new year!

2 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Love it! I love the texture from the embossing folder and I love wreath. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti said...

You're a genius Gail!! I love how you used the diffuser to avoid cutting out the center!! Such a pretty card with perfect details. Thanks so much for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!! And . . . . for so much more my friend!!!!