WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Saturday, January 7, 2017

HEARTFELT HELLO

 
I have been having fun playing with the NEW products from the CTMH Seasonal Inspiration catalog!  I worked on Christmas projects for so long, it was nice to work with some papers and designs that were spring oriented.  And I decided that with Valentine's Day next month, that would be the focus for our January Stamp Club classes. 

Valentine's Day isn't just for your sweetheart - I love to remember my friends and family members on that day as well.  But that means I need a card that isn't all about romantic love.  This cute stamp called "Heartfelt Hello" was perfect for the occasion - and the sketch at Mojo Monday worked perfectly for the design.  I'm also entering this card into these other challenges - Inspired by all the Little Things (the floral pattern is quite prominent in the stamp image and the paper), the word "New" challenge at Just Us Girls and the theme "Something New" challenge at Sweet Stampin'.  It is fun to work with new items in the craft room!

 
Some people who are coming to the classes asked if this card could have a Valentine's greeting on it - and that was easy.  While the "hello" is a part of the stamp, I just cut a banner with one of the dies from the new Hello Lovely Cardmaking bundle - and added the alternate sentiment to that.  It covers the hello just fine - and gives a new dimension to the card.  Adding the banner makes the heart stamp so versatile!

So here's what I used on this card (everything is from Close to My Heart unless indicated):
Stamps: 
Heartfelt Hello - A1202
Beloved Bouquet (retired) - alternate sentiment shown above
Papers:
Hello Lovely Paper Pack - X7216B
White Daisy cardstock
Sorbet cardstock
Metallic sea glass colored cardstock - from my stash from the paper store!
Inks:
Versamark ink
Sorbet 
Other:
Blush Shimmer Ribbon - Z3313
Ranger White Super Fine Embossing Powder - Z2068
Thin 3-D Foam Tape - Z2060
Hello Lovely Cardmaking Thin Cuts Bundle - Z3301

Be sure to pop over to all of the challenge blogs to see the other great projects - floral, new, and sketch related - that the crafty people have created! 
Mojo Monday Challenge Blog #478
Inspired by All the Little Things #38
Just Us Girls #375 - Word Week
Sweet Stampin' Something New

Thanks for stopping by - and have a crafty new year!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your card is really gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gail, this is such a lovely Valentine and a wonderful take on the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for joining us at Inspired By All The Little Things!

KimCreate said...

Love that floral heart on your card! Thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little things!

Broni said...

What a great combination of challenges! Beautiful card!!

Ina G said...

Such a lovely card layout and soft coloured papers. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration photo!

Cass said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Sok Sareth said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.


ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก