WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Sweet Birthday Card

February is Birthday Extravaganza in my Stamp Club classes, and what better way to celebrate a birthday than with a yummy cupcake!  I created this card with the sketch from the Stamp Ink Paper challenge blog, but missed the deadline to submit it there.  However, I am entering it in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More blog.  Pop over there to check out the other projects.


The stamp set is Sweet Birthday (B1532) with a coordinating Thin Cut Die set (CC1156).  I used the retired Kaleidoscope papers from CTMH for the background and cupcake wrapper.  I embossed the background paper with the Confetti embossing folder (Z3118) and mounted it on Pixie cardstock.  I used Canary cardstock behind the cupcake and Pear cardstock for the sentiment banner.  I used Canary ink and watercolored around the edges of the cupcake frosting, then used the Clear Shimmer Brush (Z3293) to add some sparkle.  The circles on the cupcake wrapper are colored with a variety of colors of the Shin Han Markers.  The candle is stamped in Willow ink and the flame in Canary.  I added sparkle on the flame with the Gold Shimmer Brush (Z3316).  Thin 3-D Mounting Foam (Z2060) was used to pop up the cupcake.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous! I love the cheerful colours they brighten up a very dull dreary day. Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More
Elaine DT

Martina Svoboda said...

Cute one, love the soft colors, it makes me wanna eat the cupcake:D
Martina ATSM DT