WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Clean & Simple Birthday Card

I am getting ready for my annual Birthday Extravaganza class - where we make 6 birthday cards in one setting!  The design this week at Freshly Made Sketches was perfect - and one of the Design Team members used the vellum, which inspired me to add it to this card.  Just a little something special on the front.  I think it's the little things that add to a simple card - like the stitching on the circle die and the embossed background.  They add detail but don't take up "space", keeping your focus on the main elements.

Here's what I used on the card (all from CTMH unless noted):
Stamps and Dies:
Eat Cake & Celebrate (D1731) - cake image
Hunting For Words (B1571) - sentiment

Basic Circles Thin Cut Dies (Z3318)
Stitched Circles dies (Simon Says)
Paper and Inks:
White Daisy cardstock (1385)
Vellum paper (Z3367)
Thistle ink (Z2840)
Other:
Confetti Embossing Folder (Z3118) - still available online though not in the current catalog!

Thin 3-D foam (Z2060)
Clear Shimmer Brush (Z3293) - highlight on the flame!


This card is entered in two challenges this week - Freshly Made Sketches and Southern Girls Challenge (Stitch Me Up!).  Check out the other great creations on both of these blogs.

I appreciate you stopping by - and hope you are staying warm and dry wherever you are!

3 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

hello gail! super cute card, luv the polka dotted embossing! I am so glad you played along with us at
freshly made sketches!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Karren said...

Beautiful card! The embossing and layers of white are gorgeous and the pop of color really stands out. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Meetu Aggarwal said...

Lovely card..really CAS...Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge and all the best..